A Personal Training qualification is not a Nutrition qualification.
The truth in UK is that Personal Trainers without any further nutrition based qualification are only supposed to offer very basic advice. They should not be telling you what to eat or putting you on some restricted diet, they should only be guiding you towards the Governments Eat Well Guide. So if you are taking nutrition advice from a PT ask them what their nutrition qualification is.
For further clarification please follow this link to the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs) LinkedIN post on the topic.
If a PT tells you they will "calculate your macros" or they try to tell you how many calories to eat each day - ASK THEM what their nutrition qualification is and are they qualified to do these things for you?
2. A certified Nutrition Coach is qualified to give you nutrition advice.
Exercise by itself isn't always the best way to reach your goals. For many, the main part of the battle for fat loss is in the kitchen (or dining out, or snacking in front of the TV, or eating everything that was put on your plate even though you're not particularly hungry, etc.). Changing your habits towards food can change your life.
I am a Precision Nutrition Certified Coach. You can check this for yourself on the coaching directory
"The Precision Nutrition Level 1 Certification Program is a comprehensive nutrition education program for elite fitness professionals..."
Not only is the Precision Nutrition method well respected, in UK it is approved by PD on behalf of REPs, (the Register of Exercise Professionals) and now the Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity (CIMSPA).
This means I am a qualified Personal Trainer that can give certified nutrition advice and coaching.
- The Precision Nutrition method is not a diet
- It doesn't push the latest fad eating habits.
- It doesn't sell you a load of fitness equipment you don't need or get you to buy 'special' supplements or meal replacements.
- It comes from research based practices empowering you to take charge of your eating and make healthier choices for life.
- You get a personalised nutrition programme working towards helping you acheive your goals, you can also get a personalised workout programme (optional)
- If you want the workout programme as well, you a get to decide what your goals are and if you'd prefer to workout at the gym or at home.
My job as your coach is to cut through all the confusion in the fitness and nutrition industry and guide you on your personal path, using information based on science and real-world studies - no gimmicks, fads or celebrity-endorsed quick-fixes.
I coach lifestyle changes. Starting with simple nutritional habits then building on them.
- Learn how to stop dieting and start feeling better immediately.
- I am not here to beat you up if you don't adhere to everything religously,
- I am here to act as your guide and keep you on track
You choose, either:
- Nutrition coaching, or
- Nutrition and lifestyle coaching with exercise/workout routines aimed at your goals